Pages

Monday, 3 November 2014

Show don't tell


WALT show not tell in our writing


He  had a huge smile on his face. Jumping up and down. Laying before him was dark blue waves. Putting one foot in front of the other. The waves pounding on me. Paddling back to the soft boiling sand covering myself with it jumping up and running back to the  waves.Sinking into the dark shining  sand pulling my feet out. Jumping out into the shining waves. Seeing  the sand flying through the air - bam it hit my  face  saying I am going to get you back. Just thinking what the rest of the day was going to be like...  

4 comments:

  1. I think I can see clearly in my mind what is happening. Are you at a beach and you go in to the water and then out of the water and then put your body in the sand. And then does someone throw a sand ball at you ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work Jack thinking about you today x o.

    ReplyDelete